Personal Data Collection Purposes:
The Buying And Selling Process
When you provide Clemas & Co. with personal information to complete a transaction, as part of the buying and selling process we will verify your credit/debit card or bank details and place an order. We imply that you consent to our collecting your personal data and using it for that specific purpose only and the lawful basis is contractual. Payment card details are never electronically stored and credit or debit card information is shredded and destroyed once the transaction is complete.
Personal data we hold would be:
- Name and job title
- Phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as street name, town/city, postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs so we are able to provide you with appropriate products & services. We may periodically send an email to you about new products, opening hours, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will always be able to opt out of every e mail or marketing communication of this nature and this will be clear, transparent and easy to do.
What Is Done With Your Information
In addition to the buying and selling process Marketing activity detailed above, personal data is also processed in the following ways:
- Internal record keeping. (HMRC requires businesses to store financial transactional information such as invoices & receipts for up to seven years.
- Analysis for improvement to our products and services).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. You also have the chance to opt out of this and this will be easy to do.
- We may use the information you provide to customise the website according to your interests
- We will need to use your personal information should you have a service contract in place or you arrange a call out to repair your floor cleaning machine
- Your personal information will be used should you choose to purchase spare parts and consumables or should you wish to hire a floor cleaning machine
Third Party Services
The third-party providers will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform, for example, the leasing services they provide to you via Clemas & Co. We will always advise you of the name of the third party provider that has access to your data and the purpose of disclosure. Clemas & Co advise you to review the privacy policies of any third party so you can understand and be satisfied with the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties. In the rare but unlikely event that this could happen we will always obtain your express permission first. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms & Conditions of Service.
Data Retention Period
In the absence of any legal, including HMRC requirements, Clemas will store personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of transactional and marketing processing. For data accuracy, the data will be periodically reviewed and updated by Clemas & Co. You have the right to contact Clemas & Co and provide updates to your personal data at any time by contacting us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To protect your personal information we collect online, by phone, fax or post, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. IT systems are protected through gaining the Cyberguard Essentials Certification which is approved by the National Cyber Security Centre. Clemas & Co have documented procedures in place to protect personal data and these, as well as evidence of our cyber security certification are available on request, contact us via email to email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which website pages are being used or viewed. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest, however, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website, this means that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to manage the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply click the unsubscribe link in any promotional e mail Clemas & Co send to you
Access to Personal Data
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information about how we manage your personal data, contact us via email on email@example.com or write to Clemas & Co Ltd, Unit 16 Ashchurch Business Centre, Alexandra Way, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8NB. We reserve the right to charge a fee should accessing your personal data result in a significant use of Clemas & Co resources. Data will be provided within 30 calendar days of date of request.